Western Union Foundation is now accepting applications for its 2021 Global Scholarship Program designed to support young people and their efforts to pursue post-secondary education. You do not need to be a Western Union customer or use Western Union services to be eligible.
The deadline for submission of applications is 15th October 2021.
The Western Union Foundation believes education is a key pathway to success, yet it is out of reach for many. Their mission is to provide the training and skills needed to enter and thrive in today’s workforce. They launched the WU Scholars program in 2017, to provide scholarships to typically underserved populations that face daunting barriers to access. The program has helped more than 500 students achieve this goal.
For 2021, they intend to support students through a $400,000 fund, that will award a minimum of 40 scholarships of up to $10,000 each to promising young students in their final or penultimate year of their degree program. Students will be selected based on their academic standing, personal goals, and level of financial need.
- be an international student already enrolled in the 2021-22 Academic Year (or a corresponding timeframe for universities with other semester systems) and preferably residing in one of the following countries of study: US, UK, Europe, Singapore, Japan, Canada, Australia, New Zealand.
- be in their final or penultimate year of a full-time undergraduate (Bachelor’s) degree program at an accredited higher education institution in any of the countries/regions listed above.
- be able to demonstrate financial need.
- be in good academic standing, have high ambitions, and a demonstrated commitment to their chosen field of study.
- be pursuing a degree/field of study in one of the following categories: science, technology, engineering, mathematics, and business/entrepreneurship.
- be selected based on criteria relating to the program’s three pillars: Perseverance, Aspiration, and Community-Mindedness.
Scholarship Key Dates
- Application Period Opens: Friday, March 1, 2019
- Application Period Closes: Tuesday, April 30, 2019 at 11:59pm EST
- Selection and Notification to All Applicants: July 2019
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply Here” button below:
If you have any questions about submitting your nomination, please contact us at: email@example.com. Nominations must be submitted to IIE online by 11:59 PM ET on Friday, October 15, 2021. Nominated students will be invited to submit applications by Friday, October 29, 2021. Awards will be announced in mid‐November.