UBA Foundation is now accepting entries from Senior Secondary school students in Nigeria for its 2021 National Essay Competition.
Deadline for submission of entries for the UBA Essay Competition is October 29, 2021.
United Bank for Africa (UBA) Foundation announces the commencement of the 2021 edition of the National Essay Competition (NEC) for senior secondary school students in Nigeria.
The essay competition which is now in its 11th year provides a competitive platform to develop the intellectual and writing abilities of senior secondary school students in Nigeria.
Winners will get educational grants to study in any African University of their choice.
What is the Role of Technology in Educating the African Youth?
- Must be in senior secondary school
- Must submit a handwritten essay (750 words MAX)
- Must submit a passport photograph
- Must submit a copy of a birth certificate, National ID or Passport.
Prizes for winners
- 1st prize winner: N3,000,000 in education grant to any African University
- 2nd prize winner: N2,500,000 in education grant to any African University
- 3rd prize winner: N2,000,000 in education grant to any African University
- Entries received for the competition will be reviewed by a distinguished panel of judges made up of professors from reputable Nigerian Universities who will then shortlist 12 essays for further assessment.
- Following this, a second round of competition will involve the 12 finalists who will write a second superior essay from which three best essays will be selected as the overall winners from the 12 finalists.
How to Apply
- Applicant must submit their completed contact information (Name, Age, School, Address of school, Telephone Number, Residential Address and Email Address).
- Applicants must attach photocopies of their original birth certificates or international passport data page.
Note: All incomplete and/or duplicate entries will be disqualified.